Dr. Kalyam has extensive training and experience in trauma and reconstructive eyelid and facial surgery. Below are some of the services offered by the Key-Whitman Cosmetic Center:
- Mohs Surgery Repair – after skin cancer removal around the eyes.
- Fat and Stem Cell Transfer – Your own fat and stem cells can be harvested from areas of the abdomen and from above or behind the knee, then liquefied and carefully injected into areas of the face with wrinkles and hollowing.
- Entropion – eyelids turning inward causing irritation from the eyelashes rubbing the eye.
- Ectropion – eyelids turning outwardly causing dryness and the difficulty or inability to close the eyes. Kalyam will perform outpatient surgery to improve the function of the lid and to reduce irritation and dryness.
- Chalazion removal – A chalazion is a blocked oil gland in the eyelid or lid margin that causes swelling and pain. It can be treated with warm compresses and medication, but sometimes Dr. Kalyam needs to express or drain the chalazion.
- Treatment for Blocked Lacrimal Duct or DCR (dacryocystorhinostomy) – excessive tearing may indicate a blocked tear duct. Kalyam is highly experienced in performing DCRs and treating blocked tear ducts.